Sign in to follow this  
mikeschuld

Managed DirectX Tutorial Site

mikeschuld    146
Ever since having learned a bit about DirectX 9 and its managed counterpart I have been toying around with the idea of putting together a tutorials site dedicated entirely to managed directx. Obviously there would be sections for the basics that everyone should learn to start their programming projects, but I would also like to see some more advanced tutorial topics like particle systems etc. Possibly even a simple open-source engine that newcomers to game development can fiddle with to get a better idea of what is involved in creating an engine. This kind of larger project would definately have to come later after a it of a user/contributor base has been built, but I can see it as being a much needed resource. Just thought I would post and see if anyone else might be interested in a project like this.

dxdotnet1    106
tutorials for MDX site would be cool since beginers in game programming can easily learned DirectX using MDX.
Right now few MDX tutorials are available on the net and most of them focuses on direct draw.

I also learned concpets of DirectX thru learning MDX :)

good luck!

circlesoft    1178
If you really need some tutorials right now, try Druken Hyena. He's got a bunch of introductory articles on his site.

Anyways, this sounds like a good idea for the new Nexe. A couple of us are collaborating to get the site back up (it should be coming back soon, hopefully [smile]). Nexe will be Wiki-based so users can add their own content to the different sections. There will be a User Guide and Tutorials section, so I'm sure it would be great to have these, too.

The docs and samples for MDX started off pretty crappy, but they are pretty good now (much closer to the quality of the standard docset and samples).