Please test this

Started by
11 comments, last by ukdeveloper 19 years, 4 months ago
I have a feeling that nvidia cards are going to harf on this (not neccsiarly bad, just need to verify), as it works fine on my radeon 9800 pro card, I have no way of knowing until someone tests it! http://www.digitalneo.net/Magivolve.zip All it should do is show a loading screen, then go to the title screen complete with clouds in the background and such. Its far from optimized (infact I am purposly pushing the system for debugging reasons). Just tell me if the menu shows correctly, I could care less if it runs 4fps (press ALT+F4 to quit -- I haven't coded in the input system yet). Thanks in advanced! [edit] If you get an FMOD error, shame on you for not having the dll! You can pick that up here :)
"Mommy, where do microprocessors come from?"
Advertisement
to answer your question the title screen (with the main menu) does show, although i didn't see a loading screen. the mouse barely moved (4fps is being generous), but the music worked well; although the volume was a little high.
i'm using an nvidia geforce 5500fx on XP with SP2.
cheers.

<edit :: i ran it again and the loading screen still didn't show
- stormrunner
I can't seem to click the buttons in the main menu, and there isn't any way of navigating with the keyboard. I've Win2k/FX5600

Edit: I'm an Idiot, I didn't read the post before testing :)

Everything else looked fine.
Thtas good news :) The reason is because its loading 2 1024x768 textures, a 1200x768 texture, and about 5 other non-standard shapped textures, and drawing them all at the same time.

To stormrunner: what is the video ram on your card?
To hh10k: I'm getting to that point ^_^
Runs nice and smooth here :) AMD Athlon 2000+ @ 2GHZ and 512 mb ram and a geforce fx 5200 with 128 mb :)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pingux/ <-- you know you wanna see my 2D Engine which supports DirectX and OpenGL or insert your renderer here :)
Awsome, I guess Nvidia isn't stupid about odd-shaped textures after all, that puts a huge load off my mind!

I have a feeling that any system with less than 512 megs of ram and a gfx card of under 128mb will probibally have very low framerates. My engine isn't processor intensive nor graphically intensive, but it is conciderably ram intensive ;)
*sigh* its 3:21 am, and i just realized why SP2 isn't all gold and why i haven't been able to run any ogl apps as fast as the dx ones for the past 4 months - SP2 has forbidden my graphics drivers from updating themselves twice. i just did so, and well, yeah. its just beautiful.

your demo runs smoothly, flawless mouse movement and everything. still no loading screen, but i imagine there wasn't that much to load. for reference, my specs :
WinXP SP2
Athlon 64 3400+
2.14 GHz
1.0 Gb RAM
GeForce5500FX (now fully updated)

cheers, and good night.
- stormrunner
Awsome :D its 4:39am here too and I must wake at 8am to go to work so I will sleep soon also. Your specs are simliar to mine, and my load time is about 0.8-1.5 seconds so you most likely finished loading before your monitor finished switching disaplay modes ;) Thanks alot man!
Runs very smooth, the menus are fine. No problem at all.
P4 3.0Mhz
1G RAM
Geforce 6800GT 256M
---------------------------- ^_^
All fine on Windows XP SP2 and AMD 3200+ / GeForce FX5900XT (128Mb). Very nice.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement