Sign in to follow this  
JohnHurt

Test my game

standard html link tags <.a href="URL">text</.a> without the dots...
great game :)) i wasted the last time playing it :/
i have so much to do :(
level 18 and i realized that i was playing too long. then i just raced into the asteroids and killed myself. i like the floating corpses and the graphics.
i wish i would do such a nice game one day.
but no time for such things now. i gotta code some VHDL now :(
normally i like coding and it would be great if i had to code c for university. but vhdl!?!? grrrrr
anyway, great game :))
edit: rating++ for distracting me from learning :/

Quote:
Original post by conman
Sorry, but your game crashes at startup.
System: Geforce 2 MX, AMD Athlon 1,41 Ghz, 512 MB RAM, Win XP Prof

-- constantin

I've not really tested the setup program yet. Leave the media path field blank and see if that works. Then try running nr3d.exe on its own.

lol, I don't beleave you when you say that this is your first finiahed game.

I mean havent you NEVER made any simple tetris games????

Anyway great game, but that space things moves much too fast when I use my mouse (mouse sentivity or something).

Good luck with further delelopment!

indeed, nice game. one thing -
when the player decides to be retarded and hold down the accelerator, after a while the image begins to appear at both end and beginning locations of the screen.
besides that, it worked perfectly. rating++ for a new background every game [smile].
cheers.
<edit :: and the setup program worked fine>

Very nice, it ran fine on my system. (Intel Pentium M, 512MB Ram, Intel 2 Integrated Graphics Card)

May I ask what API you used, like Direct3D or OpenGL. I think that particle effects adds a nice touch, and the mouse control is very inituative.

it works fine for me (P4 1.6@2.6, ati radeon 9800 aiw pro, 768MB, winXP sp2)
i would keep the lives in the upper corner + the floating cadavres... i died once because i tried to fly against one of the corpses to hear a *splat*... too bad this didn't happen :P

I did think about doing tetris, but i thought this would be easier....hahaha (3 months later, less hair, twicthing)

I've not tested this on nVidia stuff (although I'm not doing anything driver specific), what hardware do the people who have it working have?

At some point i need to write a logger that actually works too!

Quote:
Original post by BiGF00T
i died once because i tried to fly against one of the corpses to hear a *splat*... too bad this didn't happen :P

yeah, i remember i was going to put that in! thanks for reminding me. something that got left behind when i decided to tack an mp3 player on the end!!

Quote:
Original post by wyrzy
May I ask what API you used, like Direct3D or OpenGL.

I'm using OpenGL and FMOD.
I started years ago with DirectX but never had much fun using it, and never really got past writing little tech demos.
I made a shock decision to start learning OGL last year and bingo, i managed to finish something!

Great game! It was a lot of fun to play. For some reason I especially liked the little astronaut that appeared and drifted around right after you crashed into an asteriod...

Good job!

Edit: Oh, and I liked the start up screen, the logo with the gecko and the name of your development studio and everything. I enjoy little things like that. [smile]

Quote:
I've not tested this on nVidia stuff (although I'm not doing anything driver specific), what hardware do the people who have it working have?

nvidia GeForce5500FX, Athlon 64 3400+, WinXP SP2, 1.0 Gb RAM.

Very nice! The first asteroids game where flying is actually FUN. Good mouse control scheme. Here's what I'd add:

-Music Directory doesn't work? (config app)
-Shield on the mid mouse button (couldn't find the control)
-Stereo SFX based on bullet position instead of ship position

Other than that, congrats!

Quote:
Original post by Rhaal
Very nice! The first asteroids game where flying is actually FUN. Good mouse control scheme. Here's what I'd add:

-Music Directory doesn't work? (config app)
-Shield on the mid mouse button (couldn't find the control)
-Stereo SFX based on bullet position instead of ship position

Other than that, congrats!

Cheers.

I've just altered the code to let the bullets move their own sound FX, sounds kinda odd but cool at the same time. just uploaded new version. Thanks for the suggestion

Quote:
Original post by Khaosifix
Great game too bad this isn't your first finished game(doubt it even is).

No it is really is!! I've done little tech demos here and there, but I've never actually ever put anything concrete together until I switched to OpenGL. It's not so great that you don't believe me surely?! I'm very flattered anyway. :-)