Test my game

Started by
40 comments, last by Rob Loach 19 years, 4 months ago
Very nice, it ran fine on my system. (Intel Pentium M, 512MB Ram, Intel 2 Integrated Graphics Card)

May I ask what API you used, like Direct3D or OpenGL. I think that particle effects adds a nice touch, and the mouse control is very inituative.
Advertisement
it works fine for me (P4 1.6@2.6, ati radeon 9800 aiw pro, 768MB, winXP sp2)
i would keep the lives in the upper corner + the floating cadavres... i died once because i tried to fly against one of the corpses to hear a *splat*... too bad this didn't happen :P
Now get down on your hands and knees and start repeating "Open Source Good, M$ Evil", smacking your head against the pavement after each repetition. Once you have completed your training you may change your first name to GNU/, to show that you are free from the slavery of the closed source world. -Michalson
I did think about doing tetris, but i thought this would be easier....hahaha (3 months later, less hair, twicthing)

I've not tested this on nVidia stuff (although I'm not doing anything driver specific), what hardware do the people who have it working have?

At some point i need to write a logger that actually works too!
Quote:Original post by BiGF00T
i died once because i tried to fly against one of the corpses to hear a *splat*... too bad this didn't happen :P

yeah, i remember i was going to put that in! thanks for reminding me. something that got left behind when i decided to tack an mp3 player on the end!!
Quote:Original post by wyrzy
May I ask what API you used, like Direct3D or OpenGL.

I'm using OpenGL and FMOD.
I started years ago with DirectX but never had much fun using it, and never really got past writing little tech demos.
I made a shock decision to start learning OGL last year and bingo, i managed to finish something!
Great game! It was a lot of fun to play. For some reason I especially liked the little astronaut that appeared and drifted around right after you crashed into an asteriod...

Good job!

Edit: Oh, and I liked the start up screen, the logo with the gecko and the name of your development studio and everything. I enjoy little things like that. [smile]
--Perfection, my messenger from hell.
I can't fault it.
Absolutely great.
The game is complete in itself
Fuull thumbs up for that. A great piece of work!
_______________________________ ________ _____ ___ __ _`By offloading cognitive load to the computer, programmers are able to design more elegant systems' - Unununium OS regarding Python
Quote:I've not tested this on nVidia stuff (although I'm not doing anything driver specific), what hardware do the people who have it working have?

nvidia GeForce5500FX, Athlon 64 3400+, WinXP SP2, 1.0 Gb RAM.
- stormrunner
Thanks Kassandra. Yes, I apologise for the prententiousness of having a game development "studio" with only 1 member! ;-)
Very nice! The first asteroids game where flying is actually FUN. Good mouse control scheme. Here's what I'd add:

-Music Directory doesn't work? (config app)
-Shield on the mid mouse button (couldn't find the control)
-Stereo SFX based on bullet position instead of ship position

Other than that, congrats!
- A momentary maniac with casual delusions.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement