creating animation in poser for export as a .x file

Started by
1 comment, last by fguihen 19 years, 4 months ago
im creating a person walking in poser. now i have to import this into 3DS max to export it as a .x mesh file. the problem comes when going between poser and 3DS max. i dont know what options to set for the file that im exporting. there are loads, as are there when exporting as a .x file from 3DS max. anyone know the exact procedure?
I currently only use c# and directX9, in case its relivant and i didnt mention it in the post
Advertisement
I to have taken your path, but found a few more problems that you will incur on your travels with this. first, you need to export it to a 3ds object, allowing it to export groups for each body part, this is important for the problems you will face now. once you get it into 3d max, you will see that your figure has an extremely large poly count. i had a generic man with over 30k polys, much overkill if you ask me. so then i had to use the optimize modifier within 3d max and tweak each body part to a reasonable level. the reason for exporting as groups, is you can tweak his feet, or his torso, or whatever you want, and keep high LOD on some parts, such as the face if you need.

well i hope this helps

Code makes the man
Quote "so then i had to use the optimize modifier within 3d max and tweak each body part to a reasonable level" . how do you do this?. im not concerned with extreeme detail, but i will need to have many charachters on screen at a time so efficient charachters is essential. also, when im exporting from poser to a 3ds format, does it by default export groups for each part. it seems to , but im not sure as im just beginning to use thees applications
I currently only use c# and directX9, in case its relivant and i didnt mention it in the post

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement