can only see part of charachter when x file from panda is used

Started by
2 comments, last by fguihen 19 years, 5 months ago
i used panda to export a charachter from 3DS max and i can only see the buggers hair, but the rest of him is invisible.when i turn off all lights, his hair is white, but when lights are on, his hair is pitch black . what settings do i need? i got a mesh that worked lastnight ( by fluke) but id like to know what i need to do so as i can do it anytime. [Edited by - fguihen on November 23, 2004 12:30:35 PM]
I currently only use c# and directX9, in case its relivant and i didnt mention it in the post
Advertisement
ok, ive been doing expirements, and using different meshes, i can see different parts of them. the second mesh i created, i export groups for each body part( in poser) and then i just import to 3dS Max and export as a .x. i can see the guys legs and shoes, but no other part.is it something to do with normals?
I currently only use c# and directX9, in case its relivant and i didnt mention it in the post
Are you making sure to render every subset? Complex meshes usually have multiple subsets that you must loop through as render.
Sean Henley [C++ Tutor]Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
yes. here is the loop that goes though the mesh. from what i know, it goes though everything. anyway, it displayed a full charachter yesterday

private void LoadMesh(string file)		{			ExtendedMaterial [] mtrl;			mesh = Mesh.FromFile(file,MeshFlags.Managed,device,out mtrl);			if((mtrl != null) && (mtrl.Length > 0))			{				meshMaterials = new Material[mtrl.Length];				meshTextures = new Texture[mtrl.Length];				//store each material and texture				for(int i = 0; i < mtrl.Length ; i++)				{					meshMaterials = mtrl.Material3D;					if((mtrl.TextureFilename != null)&&(mtrl.TextureFilename != string.Empty))					{						meshTextures = TextureLoader.FromFile(device,@"F:\project research\Begining Meshes\Meshes\" +mtrl.TextureFilename);					}				}			}		}public void DrawMesh(float x)		{			//device.Transform.World = Matrix.Translation(0,0,0)*Matrix.Scaling(1,1,1) ;			device.Transform.World = Matrix.Translation(angle,0,-angle);			for (int i = 0; i < meshMaterials.Length;i++)			{				device.Material = meshMaterials;				device.SetTexture(0,meshTextures);				mesh.DrawSubset(i);			}			if( x >=100)			{				device.Transform.World = Matrix.Translation(-50,0,0);				x = 0;				angle = 0;			}		}

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement