Sign in to follow this  
Spippo

My first game

My first game is finished. And I'm very proud :D It's a "pong"-pong game. If you want you can test it, and also give some comments on what I did wrong, or what was better to do. Here are the links: the game Thanx Spippo

I think the controls are way too fast. When you try to move your paddle up or down by just a small amount, you can't, because it shoots all the way to the other side. This makes adjusting your paddle to hit the incoming ball really hard.

If you slow the human paddle's speed down, the game would be much nicer.

-Gauvir_Mucca

You can also add some creativity to it, like adding a cool background, giving a cool look to the paddles and the ball, and addiing an animation when the player or computer misses the ball. Sorry if im putting too much on you.

Quote:

I think the controls are way too fast. When you try to move your paddle up or down by just a small amount, you can't, because it shoots all the way to the other side. This makes adjusting your paddle to hit the incoming ball really hard.

If you press the keys just once, it only moves a bit. If you hold them down, the move more.

Quote:

You can also add some creativity to it, like adding a cool background, giving a cool look to the paddles and the ball, and addiing an animation when the player or computer misses the ball. Sorry if im putting too much on you.

Hmmm, good idea, I'll geuss I could try it. And you're not putting too much on me. I like some challenge :D

Hi there, like the game, very cool, quite happily spent 10 mins enjoyably playing that, i don't know if it's just me but i think i've spotted a bug for you to play with...

Every now and then the computer paddle moves off the playing board and sometimes even off the screen !

All in all like it, very addictive !!

Cheers,
Add

Yeah, well I have to start somewhere. You can't win the marathon, if you didn't learned to walk.

I hope i'll get better and make some better games.
I'm curently workening on version 2.
If that's finished I'm going to make a tetris of a breakout. At least i'm going to try.

Quote:
Original post by Spippo
My first game is finished. And I'm very proud :D

It's a "pong"-pong game. If you want you can test it, and also give some comments on what I did wrong, or what was better to do.

Here are the links:
the game

Thanx

Spippo

Its quite good :-)

For:
- clean and simple, like it should be
Against:
- Gets too fast too quickly
Bug:
- At some point the AI player went right off the screen and didnt reappear for quite some time.

OK, here is version 2.

I know I could make it even better by making some nice pictures or a video when someone makes a goal, or wins.
And actualy let the program changes the background.
But I want to start a whole new game (breakout).

There is just one bugs....

When I play the game( while playing) and I click on new games then it show lots of balls on the screen...how about Grey out( mean u cant click new games until it is finish)

for example

Click on new game

then the new game should be disenabed meaning that if u play the game ( while playing) and if kids messing my game by clicking on new game...they couldnt cos the game had to be finish first before I click on new game...

I am sorry if I did lots of explain to u cos I am deaf person and I would like u to understand what I am trying to say...and if u can get rid of the first bugs...then I am sure u got perfect game....

cheer

KEEP the good work up.