Sign in to follow this  
fguihen

animating poser charachter in 3DS max, for use in direct x app

ok, next question, if i create a default poser charachter, export it as a 3ds file, and export object groups for each body part, can i animate this in the normal way in 3d studio max?? or am i just better starting off from stratch and creating a skelliton in 3DS?

Guest Anonymous Poster
If all you want to do is bring poser characters into 3ds max then this app is good for doing this:

http://www.curiouslabs.com/article/articleview/959/1/254/?sbss=254

If on the other hand,you will be trying to bring poser characters into your directx app's(and the .x format) then,that is a different story :)

Poser characters are way too high poly to use in real-time,and i believe that there is also a legal issue (at least there was a while ago with daz3d.com)when using them in games.

I would suggest using normal maps(made from the poser characters) and using them with low poly versions of your characters.

Hope this helps.

i will be using the optimise fuction in 3Ds to optimise the charachters. its not so much a game as a simulation im writing so i d imagine this would be ok

quote "I would suggest using normal maps(made from the poser characters) and using them with low poly versions of your characters."

how would i do this??