Sign in to follow this  
DrEvil

Tortoise SVN

Quick question for Tortoise SVN users. I've used it for several months now and I like it alot. I want to know if there is a way to limit versioning for a folder or certain files. Binary assets can eat hard drive space really fast, and if its keeping a copy of every old version of textures, maps, models, its really wasting space. Anyone know how to set an upper limit to make it only keep the latest 2-3 versions. If not, is there a way to disable versioning alltogether, while still allowing a file to be checked in as usual, it just wouldnt keep the old copy around? Thanks.

Quote:
Original post by DrEvil
Anyone know how to set an upper limit to make it only keep the latest 2-3 versions. If not, is there a way to disable versioning alltogether, while still allowing a file to be checked in as usual, it just wouldnt keep the old copy around?

This isn't currently possible with SVN. There have been some similar requests on the Subversion mailing lists, and while no one has rejected the idea, it doesn't seem to be a priority presently.

Once you know you have a fully stable version (!), you could just burn the old repository on a CD and start a new one. Anyway, I see absolutely no reason to do this. There won't be a significant benefit in size as far as I know.