• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
sweetu

Tetris Game

This topic is 4961 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i want to make tetris game. but i dnt knw from where should i start. i knw API and DirectX.it is possible to make this game without use of DirectX????? and using API can i make it.is there any need of Sprites? Reply me.also free to mail me.tejas@tatvasoft.com

Advertisement
yes that is possible. but thats all i can say.... it IS possible but i personally prefer directx for such things. about the sprites, well, you can also draw rectacles as blocks so a real need isnt there...

IonWare productions, a site by a member of this forum is running a tutorial on creating Tetris with OpenGL - he takes you through the use of OpenGL to make a 2d game, using textures as sprites. Perhaps it'll be a good starting point for you?

You can make a Tetris game simply using GDI functions. You don't have to use DirectX (DirectDraw).

Or, if you want somenthing "hard" make a 3-dimentional Tetris using Direct3D or Open-GL.

You can always use SDL as an alternative. It's really easy to use and is actually quite powerful when used in conjunction with OpenGL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!