• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Conor_BloodMoon

OpenGL OpenGl in Windows

This topic is 4960 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Basically i need help: I need to do openGL programing for a project but don't have anything at home to do it as i only have Windows XP and have been doing previous stuff in unix. If someone could give me very basic steps(take it that i know nothing) on what programs to get including links maybe and then how to get it all setup and running it would be very very very very appreciated.(i can't emphasize how much i would apperciate this). Thank you. :) [Edited by - Conor_BloodMoon on November 24, 2004 10:54:39 AM]

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by digitec devil
Start here
OpenGL.org

And look into GLUT

GLUT will make it easy (quite) for you to get an OpenGL window up and running.

And there's of course SDL which can be used instead of GLUT.

Quote:
Original post by Conor_BloodMoon
Its not so much the actual programing i have a problem with but the setup of a program so i can actually start doing the coding at home.

If you have some kind of a compiler and an internet connection at home, the links posted here should be more than enough to get you started. If our responses weren't what you were looking for, you should be more specific.

GNU is an open-source compiler you can use. As for a development environment (not necessary, but very helpful) you might want to ask others since I haven't tried any open-source IDEs.

Quote:
Original post by digitec devil
GNU is an open-source compiler you can use. As for a development environment (not necessary, but very helpful) you might want to ask others since I haven't tried any open-source IDEs.

GNU is the operating system, GCC (GNU Compiler Collection or GNU C Compiler) is the compiler.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!