Submission guidelines posted

Started by
12 comments, last by Pipo DeClown 19 years, 4 months ago
From the contest page:
  • Entries should be placed in a single zip file and uploaded to our anonymous FTP server at ftp.gamedev.net. If you are submitting multiple entries, each should be in its own zip file.
  • After submission, please send an email to contest@gamedev.net with the following information:
    • The name of your entry (or entries)
    • The name of the zip file(s)
    • Your full name and contact information (email, phone, mailing address - this information will not be released to the public).
    • T-shirt size
  • The zip file(s) should contain the following:
    • The full source code for your entry, including project and workspace files
    • All resources used by the game
    • The entry compiled as a DLL
    • Any additional tools that may be required for us to build your entry
    • Sufficient documentation for us to be able to build your entry and fix any problems we may encounter. Suggested guidelines are posted here.
  • Entries must be received no later than 6pm PST, November 30, 2004. Entries with date stamps beyond this time will be disqualified.
Advertisement
Page not found on the suggested quidelines.
check on the contest page, and there is the same link but it works.
Are we supposed to receive some kind of confirmation that the entry has been received? Since we can't view the incoming folder on the server.
i don't know, but i've asked myself too that question. another one is, can we know how many submissions were made in each category, or at least overall.
hi. so there is no chance we know how many submissions were made in each category?
The total number of submissions was much lower than expected based on the number of emails I got from people indicating that they were going to enter. We're considering extending the deadline if doing so would allow for more submissions.
well, i don't think that's right, because we hurried to finish our projects, maybe neglecting other ones that we had to do, and now there is an extension. maybe there must be another contest than an extension, or to extend it a month ago. anyway, i'm not in charge to decide it, just an opinion(although, from what i've seen in the aftermath thread, there was enough time to do something cool for everybody).
I wouldn't mind an extension. I'd even whip up another entry, depending on how long the extension was. I've had a good time with this mobile phone game programming and would certainly be up for another go.
good for you, i don't have time for another one. i have a lot of projects at the university.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement