Far Cry Scripting - Where to start ?

Started by
5 comments, last by Anarkist 19 years, 4 months ago
Hi guys, I am trying to learn how to script Far Cry. My problem is that I can't work out how it exactly works. I looked at the different scripts and how they fit together, but I couldn't find any entry point for the lua code. It is really hard to describe my problem, but I have no fixed point from where I could start to work out how the scripts work together. Many functions call just other functions which have a bit of code added and call abother function which call another function... and no function seems to do really important stuff. It is just feeling very fuzzy and I seem to move in a circle while looking at the scripts. I hope you know no the trouble I am in and I would be really greatful for any help,hints or tutorials where to start and what to do. Very big thank you for any answer (I'm going mad ;) Quak [Edited by - Quak on November 26, 2004 6:36:03 PM]
Advertisement
updated preciding post...and please help me :)
please feel free to drop by www.crymod.com
or the forums at www.teambsr.com.
you can get info on voice comms or just use the forums, ill help with what i can.
there all good and usefull, if you trace the function back far enough it ends up telling the engine what to do.
Thanks for your answer. I've laboured hard the last days and now I understand most of the scripts :) Do you know when the tutorial section on crymod.com will go online ?
Sorry, annonymus was me. One more question: Do you know how to actually recieve events sent by BroadcastEvent() ?
no i dont know much about the events yet. we havent yet had a need to touch that.
i do not know when crymod will have there tut's up.
suli
Check out this thread that I started ages ago. You might have to sift through it until you find out what you want.

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=230021&PageSize=25&WhichPage=2

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement