Sign in to follow this  
NoWhereMan

[web] HTML Help Needed

I have been asked by a client to create a document for him out of this Information Sheet that he gave me. Basically he hates having to write out everything, so he wants to just type into the designated area. For example, it should look something like this: Full Name______________________________ Place of Birth______________ Street Adress________________________________________________________________________ City____________________________ State___________ Zip_________ And so on... So I'm going to code it in HTML, but I have very little experience, all I need to know is how to make it so you can click on those blanks and type in the information. Instead of using LABELS like this:

<LABEL for="firstname">Full name </LABEL>
              <INPUT type="text" id="firstname">

<LABEL for="lastname">Place of Birth </LABEL>
              <INPUT type="text" id="lastname">

<LABEL for="email">Street Address </LABEL>
              <INPUT type="text" id="email">

<LABEL for="email">City </LABEL>
              <INPUT type="text" id="email">

Would there be any other commands for input like what I'm talking about? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I believe the input element goes inside of the label element. You also need to close the input tag. The input tag has a <code>size</code> attribute which will set the width of the field to hold a certain amount of characters, and the <code>maxlen</code> attribute which sets the maximum length of the input.

I'm assuming you're planning for the person filling out the document to just print it out?