open gl

Started by
2 comments, last by jbadams 19 years, 5 months ago
I have drawn two spaceships on the screen using gl_line_strip and they interact with the keyboard, the problem is they dont move at the same time,independetly of each other,the has something to do with the glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT)command,please let me know if you need additional information
Advertisement
We need additional information.

Please post code fragments; and post them inside [ source] code goes here [/source] tags, please (without the space in the opening tag)
-------------"On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
It is higly unlikely that your problem is related to glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT). That would just clear the color buffer, clearing all colors on your screen...
It is more likely that your code outside of OGL is wrong. Post a little code from where you update and control your ships.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"Ask not what humanity can do for you, ask what you can do for humanity." - By: Richard D. Colbert Jr.
For more info on using the source tags to post code, see the FAQ.

I'd suspect the problem is likely either in how you're taking input, or in how you're processing your main loop (or a mix of the two).

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement