trouble with textures in multiple windows

Started by
3 comments, last by Charles Thomas 19 years, 4 months ago
Hi, i'm having trouble with displaying my textures in multiple windows. I set the context to be rendered on before i want to draw on each window. The problem comes in when i'm trying to draw textures. The first window i'm drawing on renders the textures fine, but the other two are drawing white boxes like it's not recognizing the generated texture number. Do I need to generate the textures for each window I plan on displaying the textures in? If not, any suggestions as to how to solve this problem? thanks
Advertisement
If by 'multiple windows' , you mean more than one independant rendering context (not multiple viewports in the same actual window), textures will not be shared between them.

If you're using Win32, you could try using wglShareLists to share textures (and other things!) between multiple windows. You just need to give it two rendering context handles.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Hew T.
Dammit. AP was me.
Just to expand on what Hew T aid: I found that the order of the parameters when calling wglShareLists is important. If you get them the wrong way round the first time, just swap them.
do unto others... and then run like hell.
Awesome, Thanks! That definately helps a lot.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement