PointSprites and ATI?

Started by
3 comments, last by Leif 19 years, 4 months ago
I’ve read somewhere that the pointsprites should be working again in the drivers (4.11) from ATI. Still my pointsprites, which stopped working after a driver update about 7-8 months ago, doesn’t seem to work. So I must be missing something I should be doing. Below is roughly (from memory) what I’m doing. But all I get is un-textured rectangles, (the texture in itself is ok when tested with quads), blending disabled. Any suggestions on what I’m missing? glPointSize(8.0); glEnable(GL_POINT_SPRITE_ARB); glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D¸ mytexture); glTexEnvf(GL_POINT_SPRITE_ARB, GL_COORD_REPLACE_ARB, GL_TRUE); glColor4f(1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0); glBegin(GL_POINTS); Leif…
Advertisement
I'm thinking you are doing something wrong or the 4.11 drivers werent a proper fix.

I've just run an ogl particle system demo from CodeSampler.com (about half way down the page) and it works fine (non-distorted testure on the quad and point sprites textured fine) on the 4.12 drivers;
details
ATI OGL dll verson 1.5.4579, ICD driver version ICDcompany: ATI Technologies Inc.ICDFileDesc: ATI OpenGL driverICDFileVer: 6.14.10.4773GLVendor: ATI Technologies Inc.GLVersion: 1.5.4579 WinXP ReleaseGLRenderer: RADEON 9800 x86/MMX/3DNow!/SSE

(above from glview)
Thanks for the link, I will try the demo later tonight. Where do you find the 4.12 version? Do you have to sign up as a beta tester or something?

Leif…
there where a hot fix, released the day after the 4.11's to solve a problem with punkbuster, they arent WHQL certified which is why they are refered to as 'beta'.

They can be found here

btw, take note of the version infomation on the ATI dlls/files in your system32 folder, I noticed that mine were out of date for some reason and the OGL section wasnt updating, so once I uninstalled the drivers and rebooted I went and manually deleted those files (basicaly anything ATI*.*) and then installed the new drivers, which updated fine.
Thanks.

Leif...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement