textures

Started by
8 comments, last by clint8565 19 years, 5 months ago
can somebody please tell me the most basic way to load a partially transparent texture in opengl with Dev C++, I can't get anything to work :(
Advertisement
Look into loading TGA files. There is a tutorial about it here.
----------------------------------------------------"Plant a tree. Remove a Bush" -A bumper sticker I saw.
hey bob, "I can't get anything to work" includes that NeHe tut, well it works, but then I can't get my own tga pics to work.
It keeps saying must be type 2 or 10 but I don't know what that means
Quote:Original post by clint8565
hey bob, "I can't get anything to work" includes that NeHe tut, well it works, but then I can't get my own tga pics to work.
It keeps saying must be type 2 or 10 but I don't know what that means

Ahh...So, it loads other people's tga files, but not yours? Well...Are you saving them in the correct way? (NeHe's tut needs RLE compression, make sure you aren't using anything else if you are using similar code).
----------------------------------------------------"Plant a tree. Remove a Bush" -A bumper sticker I saw.
another problem... I don't get any options when saving my TGA files :(
1) What program are you using?
2) What attributes are you setting?
I found a free program PhotoFiltre... I can make a certain colour transparent, I can make the colour rgb OR indexed (up to 256 colours & diffuse is an option) that's about it
Quote:Original post by clint8565
I found a free program PhotoFiltre... I can make a certain colour transparent, I can make the colour rgb OR indexed (up to 256 colours & diffuse is an option) that's about it

Try infraview or the gimp. TGAs don't use color transparency, they have alpha channel support for that.
this program has alpha channel stuff too, but I haven't figured out how to use it yet :(
you can't do anything with the images in irfanview

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement