Free Image Loader Library?

Started by
13 comments, last by danbrown 19 years, 4 months ago
Quote:Original post by _the_phantom_
Quote:...Recursive quotes...

For those who are using it you might want to grab an update from the CVS if you only downloaded a zip file as back in May I produced a patch which allowed for JPG saving and it was folded into the CVS tree but there hasnt been a release since then.

Now I really need to get around to adding DDS support to it at some point...

You mean it's yours? I like Corona because it's C++ and simple. Would there be a way to remove filetypes I don't use from corona (by means of compile-time #defines/flags)? I don't need most of them (just DDS/PNG/JPEG and JPEG saving) and I'd like to keep it as small as possible.

Advertisement
Yeah, Corona was my choice. Since it is realy easy to load Images and specify the it Format. Where can i get this "Patch" since i never used a cvs i do't know how to access files. Do i have to compile the DLL myself if i fetch the cvs code?

---------------------------- By CommanderXXLCommander@bloomm.de----------------------------
Grab TortoiseCVS then use the information on this page for the repository details.

TortoiseCVS will have some help on setting it up then once everything is configured all you need to do is right-click then select "CVS Checkout", select the CVSROOT from the list then click OK and it'll download all the files from CVS to the local directory.
Quote:Original post by Kurioes
You mean it's yours? I like Corona because it's C++ and simple. Would there be a way to remove filetypes I don't use from corona (by means of compile-time #defines/flags)? I don't need most of them (just DDS/PNG/JPEG and JPEG saving) and I'd like to keep it as small as possible.

The patch I wrote, the whole project is someone elses however [smile], the reason I wrote the patch is because while other loading libs supported jpg saving I prefer Corona to 'em for the reason you gave [grin]

If you want to remove file type from Corona it's probably just a matter of commenting out some code and/or adding some #defines to it todo the same job and wrap the relivent bits. I've not looked at the source since back in May as I've been using my compiled version since then [smile]
I have my own library for image loading/saving as well. It reads JPG/PNG/TGA/BMP and (about to be dropped) PCX. It is a very easy interface (1 line of code to read an image) and I am working on the update now which will add 3d mesh loading abilities.
See Titan in my sig for the site.

[edit] Oh and you can just compile the handlers you want to use with a couple of #defines.

Dan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement