• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
LabRat404

malformed output

This topic is 4955 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

why is it that when I try to write an ordinary float value to a file in C (for debugging purposes) I get some malformed crap like this: -1.#IND00 what does -1.#IND00 mean?? is that the actual value of my float? floating point exception. C can't hangle my math >:-( or mabe my math just isn't right lol [Edited by - LabRat404 on November 25, 2004 4:49:58 PM]

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:
Original post by LabRat404
why is it that when I try to write an ordinary float value to a file in C (for debugging purposes) I get some malformed crap like this: -1.#IND00

what does -1.#IND00 mean?? is that the actual value of my float?

floating point exception. C can't hangle my math >:-( or mabe my math just isn't right lol

Please post a segment of the code that's giving you trouble. What compiler are you using?

-1.#IND is the representation of a quiet NaN for floating point types in MSVC (and possibly other compilers as well). If you see that, it means that you did some sort of non-sensical floating pointer operation, like taking the square root of a negative.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!