• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mrtie_dye

Multiple Windows

This topic is 5130 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am working on creating a simple map editor to teach myself how to program windows. I am using MinGw Developer Studio. I am not real sure how to go about this. Here is what I am thinking. I want to have a main window with two child windows. The left child window would be where you see the map you are working on, and the right window would have the tileset and some other buttons and stuff. How should I do this? The book I am learning from uses MFC AppWizard to create a MDI application, but MinGw doesn't have the AppWizard. Plus, I want to learn to do it from scratch myself, without MFC. Any suggestions? Tutorials I should read? Anything? Thanks Mr. Tie Dye edit: All I am concerned about is how to set up the MDI. I will figure out the map editing code later.

Advertisement
If you want to do it in Pure Win32, take a look at www.winprog.org. It's dedicated at starting Win32 programming.

You need to look into MDI aswell, but start out with the basics first, since MFC is alot easier to use than pure win32.

Toolmaker

I know this is a HUGE favor, but if anyone could click here and take a look at what I have and let me know what you think, I would be forever in your debt. Thanks...

edit: More specifically, how do I draw on a child window in a MDI application? I have tried all the diffrent ways I can think of, and for some reason, I can't seem to draw on any of the windows, even the main window.

[Edited by - mrtie_dye on November 26, 2004 9:47:01 PM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!