[ OT ] I have a new AI job

Started by
6 comments, last by firefly2442 19 years, 4 months ago
Hey folks, this is off-topic, but still AI related... some of you have known me for quite some time and I thought you might like to hear that I've secured myself a new job!. I'm getting back to more fundamental aspects of AI, rather than the neuroscience work I've been doing for the last two years. As of mid-January I'm off to Deakin Uni (in Melbourne) to work (once again) on Intelligent Autonomous Control systems. In particular, working on fuzzy-neural controllers for nonlinear, stochastic processes. I finish my current job today so I have 7 weeks of freedom in which to complete a few things (like playing WoW, EQ2, YPP, Golf) and most importantly, getting my game to beta. Unfortunately it looks Tantalus has absconded with my artist, so it could be an uphill slog! ;) Ah, the joys of game development. Cheers, Timkin
Advertisement
Well, congratulations!

What's your game about?
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
congrats Tim. It's hard to believe those two years have passed so quickly!

Enjoy your time off!
Congratulations Timkin. Good luck and have a fantastic break.
I'm also curious about your game. Any links?
Sorry for the delay in reply! I've spent the last week either sleeping, playing WoW or at the AGDC. What an awesome way to spend a week!

Just a quick note on the game for those that asked... it's a 2-4 player competitive puzzle/construction game played online or LAN. You pay (game money) to play pieces and the aim is to win the pot. In a social setting, you play the game several times in a session. Games are quick and there is a large social aspect to the game. We'll be developing an online community hub for the game where you can meet others, play in tournaments, ladders, etc. We have webspace but it's not live yet.

You'll hear more abou it in the coming months I'm sure. Funnily enough, there is NO AI in this project!!! I think I needed a break from it for a while! ;)

Cheers,

Timkin
What are you making an intelligent autonomous control system for? Some kind of industrial robot?
The research has both a theoretical and application theme to it. The latter being an avenue in which to verify the theoretical results. So in that vein, there's no one thing that the system is being designed for... although there is a particular test environment; being manufacturing process control (so yes, one application is industrial robotics). The project is part of an ARC Discovery Grant to develop better control models for nonlinear stochastic processes.

Cheers,

Timkin
Cool. Good luck with your new job. :)
http://www.rivetcode.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement