• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
zergdeath1

Last 3 cone3D tuts.

This topic is 4954 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Can someone explain the last 3 cone3D tuts? The bitmap thing makes my head spin. He pulls stuff out of the air and I just dont get it. He has all these functions that I have no Idea what they do and he also just starts babbling about RGBmask and uses hex?

Advertisement
Alright, you really don't have to worry about Lesson 4. Your better off using SDL_TTF for fonts.

Lesson 5 is about making a small puzzle like game. I skipped that one.

Lesson 6 is basically showing off the basics of a 2D side scrolling shooter. He's got some good things in that lesson.

The problem is that he uses the other lessons in lesson 5 and 6 so I dont understand that.

Is there a better site to learn those?

And what is SDL_TTF?

Quote:

The problem is that he uses the other lessons in lesson 5 and 6 so I dont understand that.

He really only uses the font engine in lesson 5 and 6. He uses the CSprite classes in lesson 6. If you understand lesson 3, you can understnad lesson 6.

Quote:

Is there a better site to learn those?

Use the docmentation, ask around here. Have you tried CornerStones tutorials? There's always Google too.

Quote:

And what is SDL_TTF?

It's a pretty good font engine type thing that can be used with SDL. It takes TrueType fonts and lets you use them in your program. Take a look on the SDL homepage and search for it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!