• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Emexus

Final year project ideas (Comp Sci)

This topic is 5052 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, Wasn’t sure where to post so I figured here would be best. I’m currently in my final year of computer science and I can’t think of a suitable project and was wondering if anyone here had any good suggestions? Im thinking in the audio/visual area of development as this is where my strengths lie, I’m competent with c/c++ as well as win32 API, OpenGL and some basic Direct3D. Maybe something with mobile phone applications? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Advertisement
I would suggest making PC software instead, its more impressive, easier to debug, and you get more support.

Some suggestions:
- Custom photon mapping renderer
- Custom 3D software rasterizer
- A 3D engine
- 3D rigid body physics simulation
- 3D soft body physics simulation
- 3D fluid dynamics simulation
- Neural network based AI (character/voice/face recognition)
- Voice synthesis system
- Your own VM/compiler

Write some software which generates final year project ideas.

Or if that's too difficult, break it down into easier components and write them instead.

If that's too easy then at least you'll have some software which comes up with ideas for you.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!