Moving Around

Started by
4 comments, last by toye 19 years, 4 months ago
Im using flash and for the game im creating the characters are just going to be very simple. They have been made out of just drawing some different colored circles lol.I was wondering in flash once you have drawn the circle? how to you get your circle to move around the screen with ur arrow keys?
Advertisement
Do you have what is called a "game loop" in place already?

And the real questions is really how to get keyboard input, right? Cos if youre putting an object on the screen then it al;ready has X/Y coordinates set, all you need to do is change them depending on the keyboard input.
__________Michael Dawson"IRC is just multiplayer notepad." - Reverend
I dont think I have a "game loop" set up lol cuz I have no clue what that is sorry for being such a noob, so could you maybe explain to me what I have to do?
Youre basically asking me how to surf, but you dont know how to walk yet ;-)

In future you really should google things like this, because it really annoys the hell out of people when you dont try to help yourself at all. Its one thing asking someone to explain something to you that you dont understand, and another when you wont do it unless someone else puts it under your nose...

A quick google for me this (CLICK)
__________Michael Dawson"IRC is just multiplayer notepad." - Reverend
This site was a bible for me when i made a game in flash. Just go there and click the Tutorials link on top of the page. [smile]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"Ask not what humanity can do for you, ask what you can do for humanity." - By: Richard D. Colbert Jr.
thanks alot for ur help guys and also sorry for being such a noob from now on I'll try to help myself first and see what I can figure out without having to run staight to yoy guys lol Well anyways thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement