radon transform

Started by
3 comments, last by Dmytry 19 years, 4 months ago
There seems to be an overwhelming lack of GOOD Radon transform information and source code on the internet. I have been Googling for hours and looking at various "tutorials" but nearly everything I find I would consider poor quality in terms of explanation. More importantly, anybody know where there is some free C++ source code for this thing? This topic is a lot less utilized than I figured it would be.
Advertisement
i never heard about radon transform before, and a) fail to see how it is related to games, b) not surprised that there's not many tutorials, as i guess, for anybody competent enough to be working on such subjects, mathworld must be enough.[grin] , c) it looks to me like reconstruction of image using fourier transform convolution theorem or something. I heard about similar thing as related to rendering of volumetrics...
Quote:
a) fail to see how it is related to games

Yeah I know. It's not.

Quote:
b) not surprised that there's not many tutorials, as i guess, for anybody competent enough to be working on such subjects, mathworld must be enough.[grin]

Yeah I know. It is.

It's just that I recently realized (as in yesterday) that the Radon transform is a major tool used in the area of research (undergraduate research, mind you) that I worked in last summer, and next week I'm giving a brief presentation on this subject. I can easily half-ass my way through the presentation on the section that requires the Radon transform explanation, but for my own sake I'm very interested in learning how it works.
By the way, how is Radon pronounced in this case?

RAY-DON (DON ryhmes with "on")
RUH-DON
RAY-DONE (DONE rhymes with "bone")

I gave my presentation today (went well) but my professor had never heard of this transform so he wasn't sure the pronounciation either.
maybe like 86th element, radon, for more confusion? Anyway, if nobody knows how to pronounce, who cares [wink]... i'd guess either everybody have same problem, or pronounce like gas...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement