• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Prozak

Lua in Pocket PCs

This topic is 5130 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Has anyone gotten Lua to work in a Pocket PC-type applications? I'm having some troubles geting mine to work out...

Advertisement
What problems are you having? From what I remember it's just plain C so something like Embedded Visual C should handle it just fine.

The only think I can think of is what happens to stdin and stdout in an embedded environment. If it's not generally available, you might want your main() to freopen() those streams to some file where you can inspect what goes out on stdout and stderr.

Well, I'm having trouble generating the library itself...
I'm not used to compiling/building stuff out of the IDE...

Edit:

Ok, it seems I've been able to compile the library, its called "luacelib.lib", right?

But, I have other doubts, what are the diferences between x86 Lua, and this CE Lua?

And what about the code itself, what do I have to add to my app to get lua functionality? I have to link to the library, check, and I have to include lua.h, lualib.h, lauxlib.h, done too.

I already use Lua in my engine, so I have a fairly good understanding of the language.

As allways, any pointers on this would be greatly apreciated, thanks.

[Edited by - Prozak on November 30, 2004 9:20:03 AM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!