• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jcseijop

Holotz's Castle realeased

This topic is 5130 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

www.mainreactor.net has realeased version 1.2 of Holotz's Castle, an amazing platform game. It includes the full source code for the entire game. Don't miss it!

Advertisement
pretty cool, but only one life? usually you get another shot at it. found no techincal problems or anything... might want to consider making it a bit larger, somewhat hard to see with a pretty standard 1024x768 res. other than that... good job :)

nate.

> pretty cool, but only one life? usually you get another shot at
> it. found no techincal problems or anything... might want to
>consider making it a bit larger, somewhat hard to see with a
>pretty standard 1024x768 res. other than that... good job :)

Thanks for the reply, Nate.

The one-life issue is fixed in version 1.3 (coming soon) along with other issues reported by the users. In the next version I include some more, longer levels and conclude the story. Also I'll be releasing a tool to create new sprites and then everyone can make his own new game from the engine, ideally without touching a line of code.

I know it's hard to see at that resolution but one can change the resolution and window mode through the options menu. If you use, say, 400x300 resolution at full-screen you should see it a lot bigger and often a lot smoother.

Thanks again, have fun!
Jacob.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!