Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Dirayo

OpenGL OpenGL .exe - .scr extension problem

This topic is 5051 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Hello, I've been trying so far to build an OpenGL screensaver application, that it runs well on my pentium4 PC (with ATI graphics card). But when I tried to run my (.scr) file on a Pentium 3 PC (with intel graphics card) The frame rate of the application goes down to 1 (or 2). I noticed that if I renamed the file to (.exe) extension, it runs normally with a good frame rate. Can somebody help me please to resolve this problem. Thank You.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
There was a topic on opengl.org about this recently - apparently Intel disable OpenGL for screensavers. One suggested way around this was to simply have your scr shell execute an exe with your screen save in.

Neil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!