• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
fguihen

positioning a mesh in the exact center of my world

This topic is 5051 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

im creating a room in 3DS max. now, for ease of calculations , i want the exact centre of this room to be placed on (0,0,0) in my application. how can i accomplish this effectively? also, i want the units of measurement used in 3DS max to create the room, to be the same as the ones used in my app. how do i do this, or is it even necessary?

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by fguihen
... i want the exact centre of this room to be placed on (0,0,0) in my application ...

When you create the mesh, put (0,0,0) in the center of the room. In you app, draw the mesh at (0,0,0).
Quote:
Original post by fguihen
... i want the units of measurement used in 3DS max to create the room, to be the same as the ones used in my app ...

Units are arbitrary. Don't scale the room mesh, just scale everything else to match it.

Keep in mind that the exporter might modify your mesh (for whatever reason). If so, the numbers in your app might not match the numbers displayed by 3DS.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!