• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
matdabomb

microsoft visual studio

This topic is 4957 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i am new to this but i bought my book on c++ the book was C++ without fear so i come home load up the cd i get and i am totaly lost lmao so i download microsoft visual studio thiking it whould be easyer but my questiong is where do i find where to start a new project so it compolles ect the imformation so i can get what i have programmed sorry i very new and not very clever spent hours looking and am just bored now

Advertisement
Software piracy is banned on these forums!
If you had spend ~100$ for a legal copy you would have received the complete documentation.

Hi matdabomb.

C++ is a very complicated language to start off with. Visual Studio is quite different to RHIDE as well.

I'd recommend probably trying out Dev-C++. It is a free IDE with compiler included, so you can create a project and bash out "hello world", etc quite easily. Make sure you download the full version with the MinGW compiler (about 13.5MB).

Dev-C++ can be fount at http://www.bloodshed.net/

Did the book come with a CD? If so, did it come with an IDE and compiler on it to try out?

-Rob

Edit: Removed tags

This topic is 4957 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.