• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Mystic Gunman

Java

This topic is 5043 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Ok, I think you need to answer a few questions first.

1. Do you KNOW Java?
http://java.sun.com

Go there, and if you are willling to give it time, you can actually learn the whole language from it.

Take a look at the first few turtorials, and if you still don't understand anything that is said there, ask.

Now, if you can't understand those first few little programs there, then you shouldn't even think about making a doom like game.

Why Java? Are you going to make it online? Anyway, for a DooM like, try looking up raycasting in Java, and see what you can piece together.

I don't like Java, those stupid online applets are slow, buggy and often plain don't work. It's put me straight off the language, and the code looks ugly too.

Quote:
Original post by Mystic Gunman
I need some java scripts 4 a doom-like game.

Check out the for beginners section and learn to code. I am not trying to be mean, its just that it looks like you have no idea what you are trying to do. Look through some Java source, and see if you can understand it, as stated before. I would check out sourceforge.net to find some Java source. Study it, and learn! Also, check out other languages too. Have you checked out Python? Or maybe if your up to it, find a good book and learn C/C++.

ukdeveloper, you find applets buggy? I've never used one that was.

I'm doing Java as my CS151-152 coruses for university, and I love the lanuage. VERY easy to do simple applications, and the GUI's can be done very fast.

I also don't really see much difference between Java source and C++ in how they look, (They are after all, almost the same syntax).

:P you're not falling onto the 'bash that other language because everyone else is' bandwagon are you? ;)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!