• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
PhyerBoss

Untitled

This topic is 5134 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

The main sites are still under construction but since I have the machine up I thought I'd post this up incase there is any of you that could use any hosting: Phyer-Serv Hosting FREE SERVICES- BASIC ACCOUNT: 40MB of web space. 40MB of FTP storage & 1x25MB POP3 email box. Includes 1 database JUST EMAIL: 1x25MB POP3 email box without web & FTP NEWSGROUP ACCESS: Access to news server by news client software IRC ACCESS: 24-7 IRC access, via MIRC script COMMERCIAL SERVICES- THE “TEAM” PACK: 1 domain*, 100MB web space, 4x25MB POP3 email boxes & 30MB of FTP storage, including 1 database - $15/mo** THE “BIGSHOT” CORP. PACK: Up to 3 domains*, 200MB web space, 10x25MB POP3 email boxes, 3 databases, 1 ad banner & 1 newsgroup - $50/mo** DNS REGISTERING: Registering 1 domain on Phyer-serv’s DNS server - A one time fee of $10 per name RETAILING: A monthly fee for the retailing of services or products through a site - $5/mo “SUPA SIZE” IT!: Need a bit more space for your website, email box, or FTP storage? Extra space is available for each upon request - 10MB= $5/mo, 25MB= $10/mo & 30MB= $15/mo EXTRA EMAIL BOX: An extra 10MB POP3 email box - $5/mo *DNS registering fee is waived **Retailing fee is waived ADDITIONAL SERVICES- DATA STORAGE: Large scale data storage- 1GB= $50/mo or 2GB= 85/mo ADVERTISEMENT BANNER: An ad banner to advertise your business or service(s) on any of the 3 main sites on Phyer-serv. The banners are ran for 2 months and will rotate out with others- $25 per banner No, bandwith restrictions or transfer limits. Support for PHP and PERL scripts. Direct customer service & support with absolutely, no pop ups or ad banners on a user’s sites. If anyone is interested or would like to know more feel free to contact me. phyerboss@phyer.com Later

Advertisement
I'm not sure if I'm missing something, is this just normal webhosting, if so I'd recommend checking your prices against some of the leaders, your prices aren't exactly competitive.

After looking around, you brought up a good point. I think I can drop those prices a bit. It seems alot of services out there has gotten cheaper since I built that machine.
However, Im not droping down to the $3 and below ranges. Hear me out on that. Just as I heard your side and seen the positives of it to apply with what Im doing:
1st off for the record, Im not looking to make this into a back and forth, "im right you're wrong battle". Nor, am I looking for this to be fuel for flames. In the end Im doing what I feel is best for this machine. So, I encourage any mods to lock this thread if it even starts going in that direction...this is not the place.
2nd, I really did'nt have to advertise this. I just wanted to since I had the extra space and a stable connection. I just thought someone else could make use of it. Its not like you MUST get a commercial service. The free 40MB web and 40MB FTP should be more than enough to handle a small dev team's needs.
Its really nice that the "bigger companies" offer so much for so little. Yet there is always a catch to every sweet deal out there. It usual takes a few months to a year to figure it out. We know the old saying..."you get what you pay for". Im not knocking those companies. I just dont use them myself for my own reasons.
3rd, I never posted on here to say, "Im competing with other hosts out there". This was just an offer to anyone interested in simple straight forward hosting. Nor would I even try until I had the financial backing like them. Im here the same as everyone else. To make games. It was just an offer. If my prices rubbed you or any others the wrong way, Im sorry and I'll look to see how I can make them more flexible where everyone would be happy. Just keep in mind that what works for company "X", works for company "X"...and Im not company "X";)

I will post the new prices up soon. If anyone has any helpful suggestions I can use for the server or even ideal price quotes, I am happy to listen if you PM me. All I ask is dont get upset if I cant use your input.

Thank you

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!