Flash help, please!

Started by
9 comments, last by toye 19 years, 4 months ago
Hey i Have been trying to firgure out when your making a flash game and u click the Play button from the main menu how to get the flash to go to the next scene and start playing that game like in The CLassroom 2 (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/201306) I have searched all of my tutorials and google but nothing gives a good answer. Can someone help me out? [Edited by - superpig on November 27, 2004 10:52:16 AM]
Advertisement
Which animation package are you using?

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Quote:Original post by benryves

He's using Flash...?

- Jason Astle-Adams

Quote:Original post by Kazgoroth

He's using Flash...?

I've done stuff in Flash but never heard of/used an animation package called Flash. I tried the official thing (Director?) but that was a nightmare, so switched to Corel R.A.V.E. or 3D Flash Animator.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

If you're talking about a simple button taking you to a scene, the following actionscript is all that's needed:

on (release) {	gotoAndPlay("game",1);}

Where "game" is the name of the scene, followed by the frame number.
ok thanks for the action script but now when I double click on the button and get those 4 frames (up,over,down,hit) it wont let me put the action script into the button? Any idea why this doesnt work?
Quote:Original post by toye
ok thanks for the action script but now when I double click on the button and get those 4 frames (up,over,down,hit) it wont let me put the action script into the button? Any idea why this doesnt work?

You add the actionscript to the frame itself, not the button object. Simply add the button to the scene, select it and add the script.
Quote:Original post by Kazgoroth

He's using Flash...?

I've done stuff in Flash but never heard of/used an animation package called Flash. I tried the official thing (Director?) but that was a nightmare, so switched to Corel R.A.V.E. or 3D Flash Animator.

I've done some stuff in Flash at school, and it is an official product. It was a nightmare. I would recommend trying to find some other solution. If you do end up using it, read the manual. It amkes things a lot easier. However, I am a fan of coding it myself.
Scott SimontisMy political blog
alright well after doing that and testing it, it gives me the following error:
**Error** Scene=Menu, layer=Instructions, frame=1:Line 2: Mouse events are permitted only for button instances
on (release) {

Total ActionScript Errors: 1 Reported Errors: 1

what did U do wrong now lol? man im a newbie sorry for troubleing all you for this but you guys are my last resort :)
Quote:Original post by toye
alright well after doing that and testing it, it gives me the following error:
**Error** Scene=Menu, layer=Instructions, frame=1:Line 2: Mouse events are permitted only for button instances
on (release) {

Total ActionScript Errors: 1 Reported Errors: 1

what did U do wrong now lol? man im a newbie sorry for troubleing all you for this but you guys are my last resort :)

Sounds like your adding the actionscript to a graphic or movie clip object instead of a button.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement