• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
-MaDpRoGrAmMeR-

OpenGL Window Class

This topic is 5048 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i want to create a class named OpenGLwnd which creates an OpenGL window i know the classes but i am not a guru in that subject! help me please i really need that; - i am using vc++ 6.0 - i am working on WindowsXP thanx now

Advertisement
I don't have access to the internet at home any longer but at work I do. I can't send you my classes because of this. If the user Tera_Dragon is still around here, I have sent them to him. They show a "good" example of how to get that functionality. I create the window with a one-liner, window.CreateGLWindow("This is the title", KB_3D);
I also implement most of the OpenGL functions as inline functions to make it easier. window.Vertex(0, 0); window.Vertex(0, 0, 0); This makes my coding much easier. I also have a texture class that supports BMP files and TGA files(including the alpha channel). When you call, window.TurnOnMasking(), whatever is in the alpha channel is automatically not drawn, good for trees in the background or for a 2d tile engine. Also it includes classes for display lists, lighting, OpenAL sounds, fog(OpenGL), the stencil buffer, blending, a simple camera, input(joystick, mouse, keyboard, not using directX, but still quick and acurate),2d and 3d fonts, shadows, and a small math library including classes for vertexes, planes, and a couple of random number functions. Basically it includes most everyting used to make an OK quality game with OpenGL, no directX at all is needed. Also, I use no extensions, just OpenGL 1.1. I might could stick it on a floppy if they'll let me at work, but no promises, let me know. BTW, the version that Tera_Dragon has is not the newest version, so a couple of things may not be there(shadows, stencil buffer), but if you can contact him, it should show you how I did my classes.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!