• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
80thORD_SigO

VS.NET03 unresolved ext. using Windows Form

This topic is 4952 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm using .NET 2003, VC++ .NET. I add a new item and select "Windows Form (.NET)". It makes the .h file for design view and a .cpp file containing only the #include for the header. When I use design veiw and add an event handler function for a control, it adds the function definition to the form class. I don't want to implement it there, so I put a ; at the end of it and open the .cpp file. I implement it there, it compiles fine, but I get a link error unresolved external for the function. Here's code for what I'm doing: .H FILE private: System::Void comboBoxD3DFormats_TextChanged(System::Object * sender, System::EventArgs * e); .CPP FILE void SetupForm::comboBoxD3DFormats_TextChanged(System::Object * sender, System::EventArgs * e) {} ERROR: LINK : error LNK2020: unresolved token (06000048) MiniEngine.SetupForm::comboBoxD3DFormats_TextChanged I'm new to the .NET windows forms programming, but I really doubt it forces you to implement functions in the headers. Thanks for any help!

Advertisement
I'll answer my own question and hopefully save other people some headaches. I found out that it's not possible to add managed C++ code (eg. Windows Forms) to a static C++ library. Trying to do this generates the LNK2020 error.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!