• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Ben_Lin

What Kind of Information System Should I Develop?

This topic is 5042 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm asked to develop an information system as my Master's project. The topic is open for me to choose. According to my understanding an information system is supposed to be something relevant to database and internet application. However, my interests more lie in game-programming-related stuff like c++ language, directx, windows programming, data structure, algorithms and so on. Could someone here tell me what subcategory of information system I should choose so that I can maximumly use what I'm into? Thanks a million.

Advertisement
MMORPG backends. Most MMOs use a database of some sort, you could investigate appropriate technologies, whether OO DBs have an advantage over relational for games (or whether hybrids work well), or something similar. Consider performance (it's got to be realtime, or near realtime, no waiting for 10 seconds while a transaction is completed), the structure of the db, authentication technologies etc.

Even soft realtime is probably too strong, I used 'realtime' as a fairly loosely defined term since we can accept maybe upto a second or two delay on some transactions, depending on the game and what data is being stored.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!