• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Filousov

Failed to create driver index buffer

This topic is 5127 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I got to my debug output this info message, when DirectX is set to be maximaly talkative: Direct3D9: (INFO) :Failed to create driver indexbuffer What does it mean? It seems to be serious. I'm currently solving, why shader constants defaults are not set even I call SetDefaults(...). Does it have some connection with the message I got? Thanks for help

Advertisement
All it means is that your hardware is pre-DX8, so it doesn't support index buffers natively in hardware. This is fine, because the D3D runtime handles it appropriatly. Your application will continue to function correctly (this is why it's only an INFO message, not a WARNING or ERROR). It doesn't have anything to do with your shader stuff.

Apparently, Nvidia sometimes does some pretty weird things in their drivers, so this warning can also turn up on those cards.

Hi, seems that ATI does some nasty things too, because I have ATI 9700 pro.

Don't you know, why even I call ConstantTable->SetDefault the default values are not set to shader? What can cause such behaviour?

Thanks for help

(1) Are you getting any debug output from your call to SetDefaults()

(2) Are you actually declaring the variables in your shader with a default value? (ie float myConstant = 10.0f;)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!