• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ChiefArmstrong

C++ Toolkit 2003 in MSVC++ Pro 6.0

This topic is 4954 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is it possible to configure the MSVC++ toolkit 2003 to work in MSVC++ Pro 6.0? If so, how can it be done? If it can't be done there, then I guess I will have to shell out the money for .NET 2003. I would rather do it with 6.0 if I could though.

Advertisement
I can't find detailed instructions, but I know that you'll need to install the Platform SDK to get most things to build. You should be able to go into options and specify all the proper directories, and by specifying the path to the newer compiler/linker binaries before the older ones, you should be able to try out the new compiler without breaking anything else.

As the newer verison of CL.EXE uses a completely different command-line syntax, the answer is no. You can, however, DL the express beta of Visual Studio .NEt 2005 and install the platform SDK to use, but you won't get ATL/WTL/MFC and some other stuff that you may find useful (like a resource editor).

Most of the options for CL are identical. It is quite possible to use it with the VC6 IDE. There are a few new options which don't have a GUI setting, but you can always pass options through the custom parameters.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!