TODO list bot

Started by
10 comments, last by ravyne2001 19 years, 4 months ago
Hi Do you know of any program that can search thought source files for //TODO: strings and add it to a nice html document? Whenever you se a flaw or anything you don’t like and you don’t have time to fix it at the moment, or if it isent you code then you just but a //TODO: Leadorn this shit is fucked up and continue. It would be a nice program to have.
Advertisement
why don't you write one? you seem to know how to program and it a very challenging program to create.
notepad hates you.
i dont have time and i dont want to. Why code one when there might be one out there.
Well SharpDevelop gives you a nice list (see: view -> task list).

But if you want a tool for it, it's really just a matter of finding any [/][/][\t\s]*TODO[:][^\r\n]* that is not in a string " ", and you can pretty safely assume that there are no multi line strings, which means that you can just search line by line...
In case you were wondering what to put in your next christian game; don't ask me, because I'm an atheist, an infidel, and all in all an antitheist. If that doesn't bother you, visit my site that has all kinds of small utilities and widgets.
grep TODO *.c

ph34r m4 l33t c0dx0ring skills

Eclipse also has a built in list for these things, IIRC.
---New infokeeps brain running;must gas up!
yepp grep would work if you only want that row. But i need something more.
Quote:Original post by Leadorn
Hi

Do you know of any program that can search thought source files for //TODO: strings and add it to a nice html document?

Whenever you se a flaw or anything you don’t like and you don’t have time to fix it at the moment, or if it isent you code then you just but a //TODO: Leadorn this shit is fucked up and continue. It would be a nice program to have.

Sounds like a job for.. grep! You can probably write a simple script that HTMLizes the output for you.

EDIT: Ah, grep was already mentioned..
Ad: Ancamnia
Visual Studio .NET also has such a feature.
im using doxygen, but thanks for all help
im using doxygen, but thanks for all help

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement