• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
econoy

draw a letter in a bitmap file?

This topic is 5129 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I can draw a line or a circle on a 256-color bitmap, because operating 256-color bitmap file is a easy stuff, just like VGA mode 13H.But now I want to show more information on my bitmap,something like a sentence.I dont know how to do it.:( The biggest problem is how to graw outline with truetype font file.I must read data from ttf file while I dont want to use winAPI,how can I do it?

Advertisement
Not using the Win32 API (or some other existing library) is asking for a lot of pain. TrueType is a vector font format, which means that the file contains a series of vector-based drawing instructions for each character in that font. You'd need to decode the file, interpret the instructions, and then carry them out manually.

It's so much trouble that I don't know of a single programmer who has ever done it that wasn't working on the TTF subsystem of, say, a windowing system.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!