• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
DrGUI

[.net] Execution problems

This topic is 5046 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I took my Pi Calculator, my first VB .NET 1.0 program and Cleaner, written in C#, .NET 1.1. Cleaner uses strong naming. My .NET 1.0 and 1.1 programs work under Win 2k with .NET 1.1 on my computer. However, when I tried to run them on two XP systems, both with sp 2 installed, I ran into problems: For my program using .NET 1.1 on one XP system, I got a 'mscorewks.dll' not found, so the .NET framework 1.1 is obviously not installed. I didn't bother trying my other program on it because my little brother wants to try to program and has installed VB .NET 2002. For my program using .NET 1.0 and one using .NET 1.1 on the other XP system, I got the critical message 'The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.' Also, on my computer I can run both programs anywhere on disk, but in the shared folder of one of the XP systems, I recieved the following errors: Pi Calculator: ************** Exception Text ************** System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed. ... For cleaner, it was System.Security.Permissions.Security.FileIOPermission that it could not obtain. The program is still running in the same space, it is just the location of the executable file which is different, so I don't know why this is happening. Any ideas?

Advertisement
That happened to me when I was trying to access a file over a fileshare. You have to explicitly grant trust to the assembly for that sort of stuff.

What exactly is your application trying to do?

Pi Calculator just loads the number of interations and current Pi approximation from file on load.
Cleaner deletes your cookies, recent, internet cache etc for security. Since those are yours, I don't see why it won't work - it is not as if it was trying to delete files from the share.

Thanks

EDIT: and which permission to I need to give? I thought normal IO functions demanded permissions for you.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!