About FTP

Started by
3 comments, last by AcoGL 19 years, 4 months ago
Hi! Imagine a situation: Person A is uploading a file to the ftp server. In the moment user starts uploading file appears at the server... Person B wants that file. He waits for that file and often comes to see if the file is at the server. If the file is at the server he downloads it. How to ensure for to Person B not to download the not completed file? It must be possible to do it somehow... I would appreciate any kind of help or idea.
Advertisement
Why not just store the file in a temp directory until its complete, then move it to the ftp directory and rename it.
Well. Yes. You're right. It would work. Is there any other option how to solve the problem? Can I change the attributes of the file to make it unvisible? Or something like that...
Well if your writing the FTP server... don't send the file when you get a file list request( cant remember what its called, been a long time since I did anything with ftp) and just send every other file in the dir...

In the even that your not writing your own and useing someone elses... this is a bad place for your post on account of being general programming... however, most will do the above for you I think.
Oh, thank you. Now I have noticed that this topic is not situable for General Programming discussion... I apologize for that to all.

Thanks to Arenth for your help.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement