• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
kelcharge

Sidescroller demo!

This topic is 5127 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

well I made the basic stuff for the sidescroller game. I still need some help with map design and some collision detection stuff though. Also mario has black around his body and I can't get it to be transparent. anyway tell me what you think of it so far. www.freewebs.com/kelcharge

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:

A required .DLL file, ALLGR40.DLL, was not found.

Guest Anonymous Poster
No prob.

I noticed an issue with the scroll locking. When the player walks
all the way to the right of the level, and then walks to the left, the screen scrolls without the player being able to see what's ahead or rather what is to Mario's right. This issue doesn't exist when the player is walking to the right though.

The second issue that I noticed has to do with debouncing. In SMB, the player must release the "jump" button after descent in order to execute another jump. In your game, this is not the case.

The game loads without issue. Keep up the good work.[smile]

thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you!

It sounds so good to get feedback on something and hearing the feedback tells me ways I can improve my game.

I will work on the things you noticed.

Once again thank you for feedback! :D

Could you release a linux version, or atleast the source? You must be using a wierd resolution or something, because the screen is all squashed and faded in Cedega (a DirectX emulation proggy for Linux). Other than the previously mentioned points, I'd say that the jump arch should be quite a bit smaller. Keep up the good work :)

I was just wondering if any of you had trouble with the speed of the game. With my pong game I had some trouble with the game running faster on some systems than on others. I did try to limit frames to 60 per second so if any one had trouble with speed please let me know.

[EDIT]
Also if someone could help me on how to port it to linux that would be awesome!

Once again thanx for the feedback!!!!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!