Blender Questions

Started by
5 comments, last by Monder 19 years, 4 months ago
Does Blender work with GameSpace and C++?
Advertisement
What do you mean by 'work with?'

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Blender is a modeling application. It generates model data. What you do with that is language independent.

"There is no dark side of the moon really,
As a matter of fact, its all dark."
I mean could I used the 3d meshes I make or do I need a program like Milk Shape?
Ok basicly I designed a mesh for my friends RPG in C++ what do I have to do so he can use it?
Well, he needs to have code to load that file format. He probably can't load .blend files (Blender's native file format) so ask him what formats he does have code to read. Once you know that you can find out if Blender supports it (either automatically, or through a plug-in you can find on the web).

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

If blender doesn't support the file format you need and you can't find a plugin you can also write an exporter in Python.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement