Blender: Filling in a Shape

Started by
2 comments, last by v0dKA 19 years, 4 months ago
I have an outline of a shape in 3d, but it's only made out of edges. How do I fill it in, or make it solid? Shift+F (fill region with triangles) for some odd reason doesn't work. EDIT: Perhaps didn't explain my problem well enough? Here's my 1000-word explanation: [Edited by - v0dKA on November 29, 2004 9:07:08 PM]
.:<<-v0d[KA]->>:.
Advertisement
Are you sure it's not solid? You are in wireframe mode right now, which is why it shows up as such. You change that to see what it looks like (the select box to the right of the Object/Edit mode selector). Or, click on Render to see what the object actually looks like.
you might have to do the polys one by one by selecting just 4 verts and 'f'ing them ;)
shift-f has trouble solving when lots of polys are selected

the common way to model is by starting with a box that starts with faces already and going from there, it looks like youve planned to do the outline of everything first then add faces? thats quite a bit of extra work

good luck and happy blendering!
::LS::
Well, I actually followed a tutorial, and apparently, something went wrong because I was not able to make the shape solid.

I had a 2D outline of this same shape, and the tutorial said press shift+f to fill in the shape, then extrude it to make it what it is now (except the solidity, of course). Shift+F actually worked when it was a 2D outline, but, still, not exactly the right way....

Damn, I can't take a screenie, now it doesn't work at all, even as a 2D shape (unextruded, so to speak...). Anyways, when it did work, it still messed up since it filled in all the wrong faces... it was way messed up.

Oh, well, I guess I'll figure something out. Any last stabs at this, anyone?

EDIT: By the way, I know the screenie up there is wireframe, but it looked just as empty in shaded mode, so...
.:<<-v0d[KA]->>:.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement