• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
DrZoidberg

BSP map editor

This topic is 5124 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello, recently i've started using the irrlicht engine for an upcomming project, the engine is able to load quake 3 maps of bsp format and i am in need of an editor which can create the compatible format. i've looked into gtk-radiant, but the problem is i dont actually own quake 3 or any of the other games it supports and ive tried configuring it to use the a specific directory of textures of jpg format but i havent been able to configure it properly. ive also looked into valve hammer editor, which i used a while back when mapping for original hl so i know im able to easily select custom wads ... but thats the problem im not able to use wad files, the bsp needs to be compiled with texture refrences to individual images and not wad files. ive googled but havent really found anything but radiant and hammer editor. does anyone know of any freeware map editors that compiles quake 3 compatible maps? thanks in advance.

Advertisement
You might wanna try QuArK
If my memory serves me well, it was much more "open" in its design. Don't you have maybe links on the Irrlicht website ? Surely, they must recommend something, no?
Hope it helps.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!