• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Xsis

qbasic (jumping ball, HELP)

This topic is 5131 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey fellas. I'm in need of a little help, we are going to make a project with a jumping ball on the screen, and yes.. it has to be the shitty programming language: Qbasic but well.. anyone who can help us? thanks. -Xsis

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
http://www.icarusindie.com/programming/mysource.php?page=&subdir=%2Fbasic&sortby=name

there's bound to be something in that source code somewhere that will help you out. There's ball.bas in the quickbasic/odd directory but I have no idea what it does exactly.

And seriously, if you can't figure this out yourselves, give up programming. You will never succeed. Ever. Stop wasting your time and find something where spending time on it will actually be worthwhile.

Guest Anonymous Poster
I didn't say qbasic wasn't a great beginner language. I think it is. I said if they couldn't figure this problem out without a cheat sheet, programming is a pointless pursuit. Which is true. It's like asking how to write "hello world." If you seriously can't figure that out then it's time to find a new hobby.

Since they describe the language as "shitty" I assume they don't like it and since it "has to be" in that language then it's most obviously a homework assignment for a junior high or high school programming class.

So by giving them the answer you've given them an undeserved "A" for a project that, if they had any talent, they should have figured out on their own without any direct help.

Good job.

Should have asked what he needed help with. Theres probably a lot of programmers that would be no where if others didn't give them hints on how to do things or tutorials how to achieve something.

Xsis, you should specify what you need help with. The more specific you are to your problem the faster and the less the flames will be.

QBasics greatness is subjective. It's greatness and crappyness rely on the individual.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!