• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
bestgamer07

AI Question

This topic is 4954 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I want to know for my game that I am developing, how are AI's set up or programmed in fighting games or rpg games? [Edited by - bestgamer07 on November 29, 2004 12:19:21 PM]

Advertisement
I suspect you're not going to get a lot of replies wihout a little more info.

Tell us a little more about the game you're trying to make, maybe what you do know you have to do to get the AI working. Are you stuck on a specific part, or are you just starting out and need some good tutorials and helpful links?

As your question stands now, I don't think it could be more open-ended. An entire book, or more, could be devoted to answering "How AI's are programmed in Fighting Games or RPGs". :)

Wyrd-One

It's usually just finite state machines or fuzzy state machines. You can visit Generation 5 for articles on those. In general, that's all you should need for fighting games; RPG's might need A* for NPC's and player movement in some cases.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!