Sign in to follow this  
OmegaGiant

Hello everyone, got some questions.

Hi, I'm new to these forums, and I just have a couple questions about programming and compilers. I have practically 0 programming experiance and I was wondering what is a great language to start with when you have no experiance what so ever, and what to do to keep up with it and stick to it. I would also like to ask what you guys think of BlitzPlus(blitzbasic) and also how you make icons for it. Please get back to me as soon as possible.

Sounds like you're interested in BlitzBasic, so why not start with that one? You can move up to more "world class" programming languages without much trouble after getting versed in one, so ignore any language snobs who must speak of things like BlitzBasic between clenched teeth.

I posted a review of a not-bad BB tutorial here.

As for what to do, all I can recommend is practice practice practice. Don't set your sights too high initially, and write more sophisticated stuff as your skills improve.

Good luck!

I found Python really easy and powerfull, its the perfect beginner's language. You can find the free compiler and tutorials at www.python.org